Location:East of England
Job Category:Chassis / Vehicle Development
+44 (0)1268 582 900
Order Number: 1878
Position Title: Senior Engineer - Dynamics
Duties / Responsibilities (Including Objectives of the role):
• The client is in a phase of growth and are expanding on the current production models after record sales and heavy investment. Due to the aforementioned we are increasing the size of the engineering department and require a Senior Engineer Vehicle Dynamics.
• Hands on technical delivery of vehicle dynamics development projects to cost, quality and time.
• Specific responsibility for vehicle dynamics development including damper tuning, ride and handling, steering, brakes and vehicle dynamics attributes.
• To ensure vehicle development is in line with VTS's, DVP's test procedures and project plans.
• Support the delivery of vehicle development activities as defined by vehicle development programmes.
• Communicate results to project teams and report on test findings via both summary and formal reports.
• Manage and organise offsite test activities
• Ability to work within client vehicle dynamics teams during tuning and development phases.
Qualifications and Experience (Essential & Desirable criteria)
• Mechanical or Automotive Engineering Degree
Full UK driving licence
Experience of developing vehicle dynamics performance through several vehicle programmes including damper tuning, air springs and steering development. A sound theoretical understanding of vehicle dynamic principles together with physical testing. Strong vehicle dynamic subjective assessment skills. Experience of European vehicle dynamics test facilities including Nardo, Nurburgring, IDIADA and low Mu facilities.
• Masters in Engineering/Automotive
• Experience of developing active dampers and EPAS systems, global test facilities, high speed brake testing and high performance vehicle dynamics development.to have an understanding of vehicle attributes for high performance vehicles. Vehicle dynamic development experience with a European OEM.