+44 (0)1268 582 900
Job Title: Logistics Engineer
Duration: 3 Month Rolling Contract
Hours: 40 per week
Purpose of the role:
The Logistics Engineering team provide a vital support role to the Logistics Operations team by designing and maintaining the methods and processes required to effectively support the delivery of component materials to the production line for assembly of vehicles on the assembly line.
concepts and opportunities.
Oversee the data integrity of the warehouse inventory management system during project ramp up.
The Logistics Engineering team apply the scientific and mathematical principles of engineering to the processes of Logistics Operations to identify and unlock value with the purpose of building a more efficient logistics infrastructure, ensuring that inventory is organised in a streamlined and efficient method for storage, picking and delivery to the production line for manufacturing of finished vehicles.
• Project manage new model introduction on to the production line, working alongside Logistics Operations teams to ensure seamless integration into the business.
• Prepare logistics strategies or conceptual designs for production facilities and materials delivery method improvements.
• To act as a logistics focal for new projects, managing the project deliverables against project gateways and milestones.
• Apply logistics modelling techniques to address issues such as operational process improvement or facility design and layout within the warehouse and production line environment.
• Interrogate bill of materials to establish new part content and engineering change.
• Carry out process mapping to calculate business requirements to support the production plan.
• Point of escalation for the re-planning and resolution of any deliverables that fall behind plan.
• Responsible for reporting project status against plan.
• Drive improvements into the logistics strategy by carrying out Lessons Learnt
• To work cross functionally across all departments throughout the project life cycle
• Define Investment budgets and cost targets for future project and new vehicle programmes.
• Monitor and report Forecast and Actual Spend v’s Budget.
• Determine feasibility of designing new or modifying existing assets, based on factors such as cost, available space, schedule, technical requirements, or ergonomics.
• Identify cost-reduction or process-improvement logistics
Knowledge, skills & experience:
• Possess a relevant professional qualification and/or suitable background experience in internal logistics operations within a production environment.
• Experience of project management with the ability to act as the logistics focal on multiple projects. Experience of logistics and supply chain improvement programmes preferably in engineering or manufacturing.
• Developing logistics solutions, warehousing and internal logistics flows.
• Previous experience of Kanban, JIT and JIS line replenishment strategies essential.
• Experience of Six Sigma, Lean and Kaizen Continuous Improvement methodology.
• Strong and consistent approach to implementing processes.
• Familiarity with operating metrics to drive performance.
• SAP experience preferred or experience with a similar ERP system.
• Delivery focused - with demonstrable track record of on-time delivery.
• Ability to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Strong leadership characteristics.
• Team player.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
• Resilient, able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Ambitious, self reliant and intrinsically self motivated