Job Category:Finance, Supply Chain & Purchasing
+44 (0)1268 582 900
Order Ref: 53159
Position Title: VAT Analyst (3 days a week)
Division: HR & Corporate Services
• VAT Analyst the VAT analyst's responsibilities will include: Preparation of the VAT Returns for the Company’s UK and European VAT registrations.
• Supporting and working with the other VAT analysts in the OTC team on other VAT filings as required
• Completing monthly forms to request payment from the Company’s Treasury department to HM Revenue & Customs or the relevant tax authority.
• Co-ordination of the EU Refund VAT reclaim process for FMCL and other companies as required.
• Tracking EU VAT refunds claims, analysing invoices & checking commission billings.
• Management of the foreign VAT account reconciliation process
• Assisting the FBSC with the monthly VAT account reconciliation & compliance process for FMCL, and other companies as required.
• Monthly VAT cash forecasting process including liaison with Treasury colleagues to anticipate likely levels of VAT payables and receivables on a monthly basis.
• Providing assistance to management and external advisors with VAT audits.
• Preparation of documentation and adherence testing required for OTC (Indirect Tax) Modular Control Review Process
• The applicant should have a tax or accounting background, as a minimum, have an accounting qualification or appropriate VAT experience, have a basic understanding of the VAT regulations, and VAT reporting requirements.
• Because of the potential for substantial financial penalties for Inaccurate/late returns, it is important that the applicant is meticulous and aware of the importance of deadlines.
• As the role requires a substantial level of communication with the Clients’ LL5 / LL4's; external advisors; and tax authorities, good interpersonal and analytical skills are essential.
• Previous Experience in an Accounting/Consulting company or equivalent in house role
Appropriate Tax or Accounting Exams