Job Category:Software, Electronics & Controls
+44 (0)1268 582 900
As an Electronics Engineer working for a leading UK manufacturer of auxiliary automotive driving lights based Harlow you would provide support for the sourcing and specification of all electronic components used within the products, and you would play an important role with integrating new technologies into our CLIENT expanding product range.
• Design of PCBs rigid and flexible.
• Develops PCB layout solutions according to electrical, mechanical, and manufacturability constraints (familiarity of IPC standards) using the CAD tools available.
• Support the release of Gerbers and all PCB documentation to prototype and production PCB board manufacturers. Collaborate with Printed Circuit Board (PCB) layout and fabrication vendors to ensure prototype meets design intent.
• Manage circuit board BOMs within our inventory planning software, and coordinate changes in accordance with our change management systems.
• Collaborate with team members to test and document the circuit design to ensure program objectives are met.
Skills and experience
• Electronics Engineering degree (MS, BS)
• Two years post university in the field of design of electronic circuit boards.
• Familiar with High Power LED lighting circuit design with a good understanding of EMC.
• The ability to design, generate, interpret and understand PCB layouts and Gerber files is an essential part of the role, while an understanding of embedded systems programming would be an advantage.
• The role requires you to become an advanced user of Altium, so a keen interest in the area of PCB and Circuit design is essential.
• Experience with high power LED circuits or DC/DC switching regulators (Buck, Buck-Boost, Boost… topologies).
• Schematic capture and PCB design knowledge (experience of using ECAD design software such as Altium).
• Familiar with PCB EMC techniques (filters, planes, coupling and shielding), Signal Integrity and Power Distribution Network.
• Experience conducting electrical design verification tests against requirements based on worst case tolerance, stress calculations, temperature effects, and safety and regulatory requirements
• You will receive a competitive salary , 20 Days’ Holiday + Bank Holidays and a company pension scheme
• Hours: Working hours : 38.75 hours per week to be worked flexibly, 8 hours per day Monday to Thursday and 6.75 hours on Friday.
• Overtime available at 1.5 x basic